What Sets Us Apart
- Solely focused on personal injury cases
- Locally owned and committed to the community
- Tough in negotiations and seasoned in litigation
- Available to meet with clients wherever is most convenient
- Responsive and respectful of your time
What Clients Say About Us
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Birmingham
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you are likely struggling both physically and financially. Many motorcycle accident victims face steep medical bills, missed time from work, high costs to repair or replace bikes, and additional unexpected costs and losses as time goes on.
Unfortunately, deep-pocketed insurance companies often work to minimize payments on motorcycle accident claims, particularly if the injuries are extensive (and expensive) or if responsibility for the accident is not clear-cut. In addition, motorcyclists still face outright prejudice that results in them being blamed for accidents others have caused.
Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you after a crash. Motorcyclists have the same legal protection and right to compensation for losses as other motorists do.
About Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
At the Serious Injury Law Group, we have been successfully fighting for the rights of injured motorcyclists for years. Clients have come to count on our Birmingham motorcycle lawyers to:
- Prepare for a win, not just a settlement. We understand how insurance companies handle motorcycle accident claims, and we know how to prepare solid cases for compensation. We negotiate aggressively with insurers with the goal of a full and fair settlement, but we will not hesitate to take your case to court. We are experienced and successful litigators who are known and respected throughout Alabama.
- Limit our focus to personal injury cases. Our attorneys have honed their skills and knowledge of Birmingham personal injury law and the auto insurance industry. We are serious about fighting for those who have been hurt due to someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior. That is why our lawyers only take personal injury cases.
- Provide the compassionate service of a hometown law firm. Our attorneys are Alabama natives who have chosen to raise our families here. What happens here, and how other people are treated, matters to us. Our first priority is protecting the rights of deserving accident victims, but success in a motorcycle accident case also sends a message to negligent drivers and insurers who would blame the innocent or otherwise act in bad faith.
We know how much a serious motorcycle accident can cost you and your family. Don’t run the risk of being forced to pay for someone else’s mistake. At the Serious Injury Law Group, our dedicated Birmingham motorcycle accident attorneys take your case as seriously as you do.
Schedule a free consultation with our team now by calling us or filling out our online form. We’ll meet with you at your convenience ─ whether in our law offices in Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, or Lowndes County, or at your home. Our law firm does not charge any fees upfront to start work on your personal injury claim, and our lawyers do not get paid unless and until we recover money for you.
How Our Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Fight for You
Insurance adjusters and insurance company attorneys know how to diminish the value and dispute the validity of a claim. They may obscure their policyholder’s responsibility, charge that the motorcyclist was at fault, and downplay the seriousness of the victim’s injuries.
You need an aggressive motorcycle accident attorney who can develop a comprehensive personal injury claim in order to fight for what you deserve. At the Serious Injury Law Group, our talented legal team will handle every aspect of your claim, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the motorcycle crash. We will identify who should be held liable for your injuries and determine all applicable insurance coverage. We will gather evidence from the scene, police accident reports, witness statements, available surveillance footage, and any other documentation that will help build your case. We may also consult with an accident reconstruction expert to conduct an analysis of what happened.
- Tracking and reviewing medical records. Compensation (or “damages”) for your injuries must be based on the total extent of your injuries and your prognosis once you reach maximum medical improvement. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may consult with medical and vocational rehabilitation experts to project future medical and/or life care needs, as well as their costs.
- Fully calculating for all costs and losses. The claim we develop for you will substantiate and demand full and fair compensation for what you have been put through. Birnimgham personal injury law allows damages for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income, wages, and earnings ─ including future income unrealized due to reduced earning capacity
- Mental distress
- Permanent disfigurement
- Aggravation of pre-existing injuries
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium of a spouse who has been physically injured
- Managing all communication and negotiations with insurance companies. We will shield you from aggressive insurance adjusters, file all necessary claims, and stay on top of insurance companies to demand prompt and proper payment.
- Advocating for you through a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary. If insurance companies do not make full and fair payments in a timely manner, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. It is not unusual for an insurance company to wait for a lawsuit to be filed before taking a claim seriously. We take your claim seriously from the beginning, and our skilled litigators have earned a reputation for success in the courtroom.
Do not accept a motorcycle accident settlement from an insurance company without talking to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. At the Serious Injury Law Group, our Birmingham motorcycle accident attorneys have extensive experience handling these types of claims, and we will review the details of your case at no charge.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation about your motorcycle wreck, and learn how we can help you. We have motorcycle accident lawyers in Montgomery as well as Birmingham waiting to assist you.
Why Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims Are More Complicated
Motorcycle accidents typically involve catastrophic injuries, which means there is more money at stake for insurance companies. Our attorneys are extremely thorough as we document catastrophic injury claims because we want to make sure the victim’s total costs (past, present, and future) are accounted for. We also must be prepared for a tough fight with the insurance companies as they work to minimize payouts.
Motorcyclists involved in crashes commonly suffer such serious injuries as:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even when wearing a helmet, a motorcyclist can suffer a concussion or a more serious traumatic brain injury (TBI) by hitting his or her head during an accident. A brain injury can cause permanently debilitating loss of physical and cognitive abilities.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI). Tearing or severing the spinal cord leaves a motorcycle accident victim paralyzed below the point of injury. Paralysis is loss of sensation and function, and may vary in its extent. Tetraplegia is paralysis in all four limbs and bodily functions in the chest and abdomen. Paraplegia is lower-body paralysis.
- Chest and abdominal injuries. Bodily blows in a motorcycle accident can fracture the sternum or one or more ribs, as well as damage internal organs such as the heart, lungs, and bowels. Major organ damage can be fatal or require emergency surgery to repair. Massive internal bleeding can cause the injury victim to go into shock, which can be fatal if not quickly treated.
- Fractures and amputations. A motorcyclists’ extremities (arms, legs, hands, feet) are at risk of fracture (broken bones), crushing injury, and laceration in a crash. Sometimes a crushing injury and/or deep laceration causes traumatic amputation (a body part is severed in the accident) or leads to surgical amputation of a body part damaged beyond repair. Legs and feet are injured more often than arms and hands, but nerve damage is more likely in hand injuries.
A motorcycle accident can cause injuries that require a lengthy recovery or leave a once-active motorcyclist disabled. In the worst cases, the motorcyclist doesn’t survive the crash.
Our dedicated and compassionate attorneys have extensive experience handling serious motorcycle accident injury claims and wrongful death cases on behalf of families. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at 1-855-Serious
Contact Our Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle wreck, contact our Birmingham personal injury lawyers today. The Serious Injury Law Group will provide dedicated customer service and craft smart legal strategies as we pursue maximum compensation for you.
We take you and what you are going through seriously. We will stand up and fight for you.