Montgomery Motorcycle Accident Trial Attorney
Insurance companies try to shift blame to accident victims –especially when that victim is a motorcyclist. They jump on negative perceptions of “bikers,” or they make it seem like a motorcyclist has less of a right to be on the road than a car driver.
About Our Montgomery Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a motorcycle accident in Montgomery, you should get help from a Montgomery motorcycle accident lawyer who will respect your rights and aggressively protect them at every turn.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Contact Serious Injury Law Group today. Our Montgomery motorcycle accident lawyers will review your case in a free consultation and pursue all options available to you for recovering the compensation that you deserve.
In every case we handle, we don’t just settle – we fight for the win for our clients. We are ready to go to work for you today.
How Our Motorcycle Crash Attorneys Can Help in Emergency Situations
From the moment you contact Serious Injury Law Group, our team will assemble the pieces to build a strong case against the driver who is responsible for causing your motorcycle crash.
The steps our Montgomery motorcycle crash attorneys will take on your behalf will include:
- We will quickly gather all evidence in your case, and we will carefully assess the potential damages available to you. For instance, we will review your medical bills and treatment records, and we may consult with your treating physicians, physical therapists and other health care providers. We will always focus our efforts on obtaining the maximum amount for you
- We will prepare a solid, persuasive case for damages on your behalf and demand a settlement from the insurance company. We will handle every step of negotiations with the insurer. You will never have to field phone calls from adjusters and claims handlers. If they call you, all you will need to do is tell them to call us. Meanwhile, you can focus on your health and your family.
- If you suffer serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, and the insurance company refuses to make things right, we will be ready to take them on at trial. Our attorneys are experienced, highly respected litigators who know how to prepare a case for success in the courtroom.
If you did not wear a helmet at the time of your crash, an insurance company may try to use it against you and either deny or minimize your claim. We will vigorously challenge any of those arguments and stand up for you. The bottom line: If a careless or reckless driver caused your crash, you deserve justice.
Causes of Motorcycles Accidents Due to Negligent Drivers
As we have seen over the years, most motorcycle riders are safe and attentive. They focus on the road and pay attention to what is happening around them. When cars and motorcyclists collide, typically, fault lies with the car driver.
Some of the common ways which negligent drivers cause motorcycle crashes are:
- Failing to yield the right of way. Many drivers fail to recognize when motorcyclists have the right of way. For this reason, many car-motorcycle collisions occur at intersections in Montgomery.
- Making left or right turn in front of a motorcycle. This goes hand-in-hand with ignoring a motorcyclist’s rights. Drivers sometimes just ignore motorcyclists and turn right in front of them.
- Trying to share a lane with a motorcycle. A lot of drivers think motorcycles are like bicycles. They force the motorcyclist to use the shoulder of the road or “share a lane” with it. Drivers may try to pass when they are within the same lane as a motorcycle and, in turn, cause a crash.
- Failing to keep a proper lookout for a motorcycle. Drivers are basically “tuned in” to see other cars and large trucks on the road. Motorcycles may be completely off their, so they don’t notice them. They may turn into a motorcyclist’s path.
- When a driver rides too closely to a motorcyclist, the driver’s stopping distance may not be sufficient. If the motorcyclist slows, stops or needs to swerve to avoid an object in the road, the car may plow into him or her.
Frequently, the underlying causes of these crashes are speeding, aggressive driving, drunk driving and distracted driving. At Serious Injury Law Group, we will thoroughly investigate your case in order to present the full story to the insurance company or to the jury in a courtroom.
In some cases, a negligent driver hits a motorcycle and flees the scene. The driver may want to avoid criminal charges (especially if he or she drove under the influence of alcohol) or lack liability insurance. If you suffer motorcycle injuries in this type of “hit-and-run” accident, we can help you to file a claim with your own insurance company and seek the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Pursuing Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
With our many years of collective legal experience, the motorcycle accident attorneys of Serious Injury Law Group understand the severe injuries that people often suffer in motorcycle accidents.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle injuries include:
- Skull trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back pain or disc injury
- Dental injury
- Eye injury
- Loss of limbs
- Burns (or “road rash”)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress (post-traumatic stress disorder).
Types of Motorcycle Accident Damages
Depending on the facts of your case, we will seek damages that may include:
- Medical expenses you incurred while recovering from your injuries
- Future medical expenses that you will incur in the future
- Lost income due to missing work or losing your job
- Compensation for your reduced or lost ability to work and earn a living
- Emotional distress and anxiety
- Permanent disfigurement
- Aggravation of your pre-existing injuries and medical conditions
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a spouse’s services and companionship
- Wrongful death damages if your loved one died in the crash, including the loss of your loved one’s services and financial support.
Contact Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
No matter how badly injured you are, if you don’t bring your case in time, you can forever lose your right to recover compensation. In Alabama, the statute of limitations is just two years from the date of your injury. If you lose a family member in a motorcycle crash, you will have two years from the date of his or her death to bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
Due to these time limits, you should not delay getting legal help. Contact Serious Injury Law Group at our Montgomery office today. We will provide a free consultation, and we won’t charge you any legal fees unless we put money in your pocket.