What Sets Us Apart
- Solely focused on personal injury cases
- Locally owned and committed to the community
- Tough in negotiations and seasoned in litigation
- Available to meet with clients wherever is most convenient
- Responsive and respectful of your time
What Clients Say About Us
Birmingham Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been hurt in a car accident that someone else caused, you need to take a serious approach to dealing with the insurance company. Medical expenses, missed paychecks, damage to your vehicle, and other losses can quickly add up. Yet profit-driven insurance companies will take every opportunity to keep their costs low by short-changing you whenever they can.
About Our Car Accident Attorneys
At the Serious Injury Law Group, we will take your car accident case, your needs, and the compensation you are due seriously. And our clients appreciate that. Across Alabama, injured crash victims have come to count on our experienced car accident attorneys to protect their rights to full and fair compensation because:
- We fight to win, not just settle. Our respected Birmingham trial attorneys prepare solid cases supported by extensive evidence. We are always prepared to take a case to court if the insurance company refuses to offer a satisfactory settlement.
- We only handle personal injury cases. We are experienced accident attorneys who understand how complex injury claims can be. We have made a conscious decision to hone our skills and focus solely on personal injury claims, rather than act as jacks-of-all-trades.
- Our attorneys are proud Alabama natives. We have roots and family in Alabama. What happens here matters to us. In addition to helping injured car accident victims, we believe that winning a car accident case sends a message to negligent drivers who would make our roads more dangerous.
We understand that a car accident can affect every area of your life and cause overwhelming stress. Our team is ready to give your case our full attention. We will work tirelessly to take the pressure off you and support you through the recovery process. Seriously.
Contact us now to set up a free consultation by calling us today or filling out our online form. We will meet with you at your convenience ─ whether that’s at one of our law offices in Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, or Lowndes County, or at your home. Our law firm does not charge any legal fees upfront to handle Birmingham car accident claims, and our attorneys only get paid if and when we recover money for you.
Causes of Auto Accidents
When you seek compensation for a car accident, it’s important to know how the accident was caused. If the accident was caused by another driver’s negligent driving behavior, you will have an easier time getting compensation for your injuries.
Here are the most common causes of auto accidents:
- Construction Zones
- Design Defects
- Distracted Driving
- Drowsy Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Inexperienced/Teen Drivers
- Night Driving
- Poor Road Maintenance
- Reckless Driving
- Running Red Lights or Stop Signs
- Unsafe Lane Changes
- Weather Conditions
- Wrong-Way Driving
Types of Car Wrecks
The way your car was struck during the collision can be a good indicator of negligence. For example, head-on collisions are almost always caused by negligent acts performed while driving. Establishing evidence of negligence will help your auto accident claim.
Here are some of the most common types of car accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Side-Impact Accidents (T-Bone Collisions)
- Sideswipe Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Work Zone Accidents
- Highway/Interstate Accidents
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
How Our Birmingham Car Accident Attorneys Can Make a Difference for You
Any time a person suffers an injury in a car accident (rather than just property damage), their claim for compensation becomes more complicated. Even if your car crash seems like an open-and-shut case, you need to speak with a knowledgeable Birmingham car accident lawyer about your rights. Keep in mind that insurance companies want to keep payouts to a minimum, and they have teams of attorneys working to protect them.
Our skilled accident lawyers will take a serious, strategic approach to developing a comprehensive car accident claim for you. You can trust our team to:
- Thoroughly investigate your car accident. Our attorneys will identify who should be held liable for the crash and your injuries. In most cases, the “other” driver is responsible, and we will work to gather all the evidence to prove this. However, depending on the circumstances of your car wreck, there may be multiple parties (or “third parties”) who should be held accountable. For example, in a drunk driving case, a business or individual might be liable if they sold or gave alcohol to the driver after he or she was already intoxicated.
- Analyze your medical records. We will work to determine the total extent of your injuries and your prognosis for life ahead once you have achieved maximum medical improvement. In cases of permanent disability, we work with medical and vocational consultants, as necessary, to determine your likely medical and/or life care needs in the years ahead, as well as their costs.
- Account for all of your costs and losses. Under Alabama personal injury law, you may seek compensation (known as “damages”) for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income, wages, and earnings ─ including payment for future income unrealized due to reduced earning capacity and/or the inability to continue in your occupation
- Mental distress
- Permanent disfigurement
- Aggravation of pre-existing injuries
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium of a spouse who has been physically injured
- Manage communication and negotiations with insurance carriers. Our attorneys will handle all insurance paperwork and documentation in filing claims for the maximum compensation available to you. We are widely known as aggressive negotiators who won’t settle for less than what our clients truly deserve.
- Fiercely advocate for you in court, if that’s what is necessary. When insurers do not agree to prompt and proper payments, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit. Sometimes insurance companies will, as a matter of policy, wait for a lawsuit before seriously considering a claim. Whatever the circumstances, we are not here to play games and waste time. We are here to fight for your best interests.
You should never accept an insurance company’s car accident settlement without talking to an experienced Birmingham personal injury attorney. At the Serious Injury Law Group, our skilled team has extensive experience successfully handling car accident claims and holding deep-pocketed insurance companies accountable. We can review the circumstances of your crash (and any insurance settlement offer you have received) at no charge to you.
Contact our Birmingham car accident attorneys today for a straightforward, no-nonsense, and no-obligation discussion of your personal injury claim and how we can help you. We have personal injury attorneys in Birmingham as well as Montgomery waiting to assist you.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at 1-855-Serious
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in an automobile accident in Birmingham, your first priority should be your health. Let our experienced Birmingham and Montgomery car accident lawyers handle everything else.
With law offices in Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, and Lowndes County, the Serious Injury Law Group works with injured crash victims across Alabama. Our law firm is dedicated and determined to protect your right to full and fair compensation, and we are serious about going head-to-head with insurance companies.
Contact us online or call us today to set up your free legal consultation today. We are ready to meet with you anywhere in Alabama at any time that is convenient for you. We have personal injury attorneys in Montgomery as well as Birmingham waiting to assist you.