Birmingham Brain Injury Lawyers
Did you or a loved one recently suffer a traumatic brain injury in a fall, car crash or another type of accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering and other damages. You should seek help as soon as possible from an experienced personal injury lawyer who will take your TBI, your needs and your future seriously.
What is Traumatic Brain Injury?
What are traumatic brain injuries? A traumatic brain injury is an injury to the brain caused by an outside force. For example, we typically see traumatic brain injuries in serious car crashes, crashes involving 18 wheelers and in the industrial work setting. Often times, a person with a traumatic brain injury doesn’t necessarily know they have one. And it’s typically the family members that notice it first. If you notice a difference in your loved one’s behavior or conduct after a serious injury, they may have a traumatic brain injury. It’s really important that they get examined by a physician knowledgeable with those injuries.
For many years, attorneys Chuck James and Gerald Brooks have played a key role in the recovery process for brain injury victims and their families in Birmingham and throughout Alabama. They know how TBI is an “invisible” but severe injury. It can affect people’s lives in profound ways – physically, emotionally and financially.
If you or a loved one recently suffered TBI due to another’s negligence, our legal team at Serious Injury Law Group will be here for you every step of the way. Call us today or reach us online to learn more. We will review your case and discuss your options in a free consultation.
What Are Common Causes of TBI in Birmingham?
Chuck and Gerald have deep backgrounds in Alabama personal injury law. They have worked with people throughout the state who suffered serious brain injuries in many different types of accidents. They know how TBI often results from:
- The head hitting a hard object like the ground or a dashboard
- An object striking or penetrating the head such as a falling tool at a construction site
- The head suffering a sudden jolt or shake (typically in a car wreck).
The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) identifies the following as the leading causes of TBI. The list reflects our law firm’s own experience with helping TBI victims in Alabama. It includes:
- Falls (unfortunately, many elderly or disabled nursing home residents suffer TBI in falls)
- Motor vehicle crashes (including those that involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians)
- Sports and recreation-related incidents (often due to improper equipment, a lack of supervision or poor response to a concussion)
- Workplace accidents (typically at construction sites and in factories)
- Assaults (often due to inadequate security at places like stores or apartment complexes)
- Military accidents (“shell shock” from gunshots or explosions).
If a doctor recently diagnosed you or a loved one with TBI after an accident of any kind, you should speak with Serious Injury Law Group as soon as possible. You owe it to yourself to learn more about your legal rights and your options for seeking a full and fair recovery of your losses. We have injury lawyers in Montgomery as well as Birmingham waiting to assist you.
What Are Signs of Traumatic Brain Injury?
Like many people, you may be unsure whether you or your family member suffered TBI in an accident. After all, you can’t see a brain injury. However, you can look for different signs of TBI and seek timely treatment. Those signs include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Severe and/or prolonged headaches
- Blurry vision and sensitivity to light
- Ringing in one’s ears
- Difficulty with keeping your balance
- Leaking of fluid from the ears or nose
- Problems with thinking or concentrating
- Sudden mood swings or other behavioral issues.
Timely diagnosis and treatment of TBI will ensure that you or your loved one gets on the road to a recovery as early as possible. That treatment could include surgery, intensive care, medication, use of assistive devices and ongoing care, counseling and rehabilitation. Many people with TBI require a lengthy hospitalization and need help from a family member or nurse with doing things as basic as getting dressed in the morning. Our law firm will pay close attention to those needs as we pursue maximum compensation for you.
How Can Our Lawyers Help You After a Serious Brain Injury?
You can easily become overwhelmed by the medical and other out-of-pocket costs of a TBI. Even a mild form of brain injury such as a concussion can lead to a pile of medical bills. If a person suffers a severe form of TBI, the medical costs may quickly grow astronomical.
Of course, the indirect costs of TBI can be devastating as well. If you suffer from TBI, you may be unable to work and earn income. You may also be unable to provide services around the home such as mowing the lawn or taking care of the children. Every day may be a struggle as a person tries to cope with the cognitive, physical and behavior deficits that a TBI creates.
Our role at Serious Injury Law Group will be to focus on how your TBI has affected your life and seek a result that fully addresses that harm. We will:
- Investigate your accident and identify all liable parties
- Consult with medical and financial experts about your case
- Calculate your losses by reviewing your medical records and other documents
- Prepare a demand for a settlement from the insurance company
- Take your case to trial if a settlement cannot be reached
- Resolve your case in as timely of a manner as possible.
Simply put, we will fight for a win for you and pursue all compensation that you deserve. Chuck has worked with legal giants such as Johnnie Cochran, while Gerald once served as an insurance defense attorney. They will know how to stand up for your rights when dealing with the insurance companies. Meanwhile, you can focus on what is important – your health and your family. However, if you have any questions about your case, you can simply give us a call. We take pride in always being responsive and respectful. Our clients deserve nothing less.
Get Help from Our Birmingham Brain Injury Attorneys Today
At Serious Injury Law Group, our brain injury attorneys and staff know how TBI changes people’s lives. We will work tirelessly to seek maximum compensation for you and your family because we know how those funds can make a difference as you move forward with your recovery.
It starts with a free consultation at our offices in Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile or Lowndes County – or wherever is most convenient for you. Call today or submit our online form. We will review your case and explain the legal strategy we can pursue on your behalf. You will pay no fees unless we secure compensation for you.