Montgomery Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
Catastrophic injuries, like those that impact the brain, back, or spinal cord, can leave you with significant financial losses and even permanent disabilities. When a catastrophic injury is caused by another person’s actions or omissions, you have a right to pursue financial compensation for the damages caused.
The Montgomery catastrophic injury lawyers at Serious Injury Law Group can help you and your family demand justice after a life-altering accident. Our firm is exclusively focused on helping victims of personal injury in our Montgomery community. Our attorneys are widely recognized as tough negotiators and aggressive advocates who will fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive. Every member of our team is committed to providing you with the personalized service that you deserve during this difficult time.
Contact Serious Injury Law Group now for a free case evaluation to discuss the details of your accident. Our attorneys can meet with you whenever and wherever is most convenient. There is no upfront charge for us to begin work on your case. You only pay us if we recover money for you.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A “catastrophic injury” typically refers to certain disabling or debilitating injuries that primarily affect the head, brain, neck, and/or spinal cord, but can also result in serious or permanent damage to extremities or internal organs. Catastrophic injuries frequently result in paralysis, permanent disability, and may ultimately be fatal.
A catastrophic injury could prevent the victim from being able to work or enjoy life as they once did. In many cases, a full recovery to a pre-injury quality of life will not be possible. Many people who suffer catastrophic injuries find themselves unable to work, care for themselves, or provide for their families.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Some of the most frequently experienced types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injury, including skull fractures, severe concussions, coma, and permanent damage to cognitive and memory function
- Spinal cord injury, including temporary or permanent paralysis caused by inflammation and swelling of spinal tissue or a severing of the nerves in the spinal cord
- Neck and back injuries, such as spinal disc herniations or ruptures, which can cause chronic pain and weakness and require long-term therapy or even surgery to treat
- Traumatic amputations, where a violent accident severs extremities such as toes, feet, legs, fingers, hands, and arms
- Burn injuries, which can leave a victim with debilitating scar tissue or can lead to other complications such as infection
- Multiple bone fractures, which can require surgery and weeks or even months of immobilization to treat
- Eye injuries, such as due to a blow to the head or trauma to the eye itself
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
At Serious Injury Law Group, some of the common accidents that we help clients recover from include:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck/tractor-trailer accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice, including prescription and medication errors
- Defective products
- Defective and dangerous drugs
- Nursing home injury, abuse, and neglect
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury in any type of accident, contact Serious Injury Law Group today to learn more about how we can help.
Compensation in Your Catastrophic Injury Case
Suffering a catastrophic injury almost always means incurring significant financial expense and personal or emotional losses. When you suffer a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, willful acts, or other legal fault, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for damages such as:
- Past, ongoing, and future medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgery and other medical procedures, physical and occupational rehab, prescription medication, and mobility and other medical equipment
- Long-term care costs, such as home health aides, home maintenance, or alterations to your home, vehicle, or place of work to accommodate disabilities
- Lost wages and income for the time you miss from work while recovering from your injuries
- Lost earning capacity, if your catastrophic injury disables you from returning to full-time work or from performing any gainful employment
- Pain and suffering, or the physical and emotional anguish caused by your injuries
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life, such as due to physical disabilities or disfigurement
In cases involving particularly egregious conduct by the at-fault party, you may also be awarded punitive damages. These damages don’t compensate for any loss but instead punish the at-fault party for their conduct and serve to deter others from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
How Our Montgomery Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Help
After a serious accident, the Montgomery catastrophic injury lawyers at Serious Injury Law Group can help you pursue your claim for maximum financial recovery by:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident and injuries to recover evidence we can use to build your legal case
- Identifying the at-fault parties and potential sources of compensation, such as insurance coverages
- Working with expert witnesses who can provide strong support for your case
- Filing claims on your behalf and aggressively negotiating with the insurance companies for fair and full compensation of your injuries and damages
- Preparing to take your claim to court and filing a lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary
- Arguing your case at trial if a fair settlement is not reached
Contact Serious Injury Law Group for a Free Consultation
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone’s negligent or reckless acts, contact the Montgomery personal injury lawyers of Serious Injury Law Group today. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free, no-obligation initial consultation. We will explain how our firm can help you and your family pursue the monetary compensation and justice you deserve from those responsible for your injury.