Mississippi Truck Accident Lawyers
Throughout Mississippi, major trucking companies put drivers on the streets and highways – often under tight deadlines and facing incredible pressure. With loads weighing as much as 80,000 pounds or more, these drivers should always operate these heavy commercial vehicles with the utmost care and caution.
Even though most truck drivers are dedicated professionals who take great pride in their safety records, many others are less diligent. All too often, drivers cut corners and do just about anything to make a few extra dollars for themselves and their employers. By doing so, they can cause horrifying truck accidents.
At Serious Injury Law Group, we are committed to holding these negligent drivers and their employers accountable for their actions. Contact us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a commercial truck accident in Mississippi. We will fight for maximum compensation for you.
What You Should Do After a Trucking Accident in Mississippi
After a crash involving a semi-truck in Mississippi, you need to act quickly to protect your rights. Here are some simple steps you should follow:
- Get immediate medical attention. Do not wait weeks or even days to get medical care. Go directly to a hospital and get evaluated for your injuries. Some injuries, such as whiplash or injuries to your back, may take several days to show up. The longer you wait, the more pain you will have to endure. Also, an insurance company or large trucking company may argue that your delay in getting medical care serves as proof that you were not really hurt in the accident. Protect your rights by getting to a doctor right away.
- Save all documents. You should keep a copy of the police accident report, your medical bills, insurance company paperwork and any other documents that you believe may be relevant to your case. You should also keep the names and contact information for any witnesses.
- Do not speak to the trucking company’s insurer. The insurance companies that insure trucking companies will often move quickly to interview witnesses. So, an insurance company may try to contact you within days of the crash – maybe even within hours. You might still be in a hospital bed recovering from your injuries. If an insurer contacts you after a crash, you should speak first with an attorney before you give a statement or accept a settlement offer.
- Contact our law firm. Once you ready to take legal action, call Serious Injury Law Group. We will immediately get to work on protecting your rights and handling the insurance company and trucking company for you. Our truck accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. So, we will never get paid unless you do. Find out more about your rights today.
How Our Mississippi Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
An accident involving a large commercial motor vehicle is very different from your typical car wreck. Our attorneys at Serious Injury Law Group understand those differences. We can put our background and insight to work for you. We will:
- Conduct an immediate investigation. Truck companies and their insurers act quickly to protect their interests after a crash. We will move quickly, too, in order to protect your right to compensation. We will immediately inspect the crash scene, get photos, interview witnesses and preserve, gather and study other crucial evidence, including black box data, GPS data, cell phone records, logbooks and driver chemical test results.
- Determine if violations of trucking regulations occurred. We understand the federal and state regulations that cover nearly every aspect of interstate and intrastate trucking in Mississippi. In particular, those rules restrict the number of hours that drivers can spend on the road, prohibit texting and talking on a hand-held cell phone and limit the weight that rigs can carry. If a violation of these rules caused your accident, it can amount to negligence per se.
- Identify all responsible parties. Unlike a car accident case, the other driver may not be the only one liable for your injuries in a truck accident. Several other parties, including ones who are located outside of Mississippi, may be held accountable, including the driver’s employer, leasing company, loading company, warehouse owner, shipping broker, mechanic or dispatcher. To maximize your financial recovery, we will work hard to identify all potential defendants.
- Consult with experts. In a truck accident in Mississippi, the stakes are high. For this reason, it is often essential to consult with engineers, trucking safety experts, accident reconstruction specialists and other professionals. Experts can examine the evidence, determine why your truck accident occurred and greatly bolster your case for compensation.
- Calculate your damages. We will thoroughly review your medical records, loss of income and other financial losses caused by your collision with a tractor-trailer driver. We will also consult with experts in fields such as life-care planning. Our goal will be to determine every bit you are owed due to the negligence of the truck driver and/or other parties who caused your accident. We want to make sure that you get the medical care that you need as you move forward.
- Pursue compensation you deserve. We will demand full and fair compensation for your injuries from the insurance company (or companies). If necessary, our highly skilled trial lawyers will be ready to fight for you at trial. At Serious Injury Law Group, we are committed to seeing cases through to verdict, if necessary, rather than pushing clients to settle and move on.
Throughout your case, we will keep you updated and answer any questions you may have. We will also be available to meet with you wherever is most convenient, including your home or the hospital. We take pride in the excellent service that we provide to our clients.
Contact Our Mississippi Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you lost a loved one in a fatal trucking collision, or if you suffered injuries in a trucking crash, you can’t afford to wait to take legal action. Contact Serious Injury Law Group today. We will start work on your case right away and fight for the compensation you are due. We work with clients throughout Mississippi. Call or reach us online today to get started with a free consultation.