Mississippi Car Accident Lawyers
Mississippi can be a dangerous place for drivers. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that Mississippi has the highest traffic fatality rate in the country, with 1.69 deaths per every 100 million vehicle miles traveled. In 2016 alone, 690 people lost their lives in car accidents on the state’s streets and highways, with many of those crashes occurring in rural areas.
If you suffer injuries or lose a loved one in an auto accident in Mississippi, you should seek help right away from a law firm that will take you and your case seriously. You can count on Serious Injury Law Group to focus on your needs, protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to learn more. We will meet with you at your convenience, including a home or hospital visit. We charge nothing for consultations, and you will pay no fees unless we recover money for you.
What Steps Should You Take After a Mississippi Car Accident?
Even safe drivers can get into car crashes in Mississippi. You can’t control other drivers and prevent them from making careless and reckless decisions. However, you can control what you do next. Generally speaking, you should try to take these steps in order to protect your legal rights:
- See a doctor. You should try to get medical attention as early as possible after a crash. A doctor will know how to examine you and conduct tests to determine your injuries. The sooner you start treatment, the better off you will be in the long run. Also, timely documentation of your injuries will be important for your car accident claim.
- Keep everything. You should keep copies of your car repair invoices, medical bills and receipts for other accident-related expenses. You should also hold on to any photos from the accident and the contact information of witnesses.
- Get your crash report. The police officer’s crash report can be a starting point in the investigation of your car accident. Typically, you can get a copy from the police department, sheriff’s office or local Mississippi Highway Patrol office that responded to your crash. In Mississippi, you can also order a copy of your crash report by mail or by going online.
- Watch what you say. Insurance companies want to pay nothing or to pay as little as they can get away with to resolve auto accident claims. So, if an insurance company calls you, asks for a statement or makes an early settlement offer, you should be cautious. Talk with a lawyer first before you say or sign anything.
- Call our law firm. We will provide a free consultation at whatever location is most convenient for you. We know that timely legal help is crucial for car accident victims and their families in Mississippi.
How Can Our Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Accident in Mississippi?
Our attorneys at Serious Injury Law Group will take your accident as seriously as you do. From the moment we take on your case, we will develop and execute a strategic approach to pursuing the maximum amount of compensation for you. We will:
- Investigate your crash. We know how to determine why car accidents happen and how to identify the parties responsible for crashes. We will inspect the accident scene, interview witnesses and gather and analyze all other evidence such as black box data, cell phone records and chemical test results.
- Calculate your losses. We will collect and study your medical records to determine the nature and extent of your injuries and the costs of medical care that you will need as you move forward. We will also look at how your car accident injuries have affected your ability to work and enjoy a normal life.
- Pursue a settlement. Insurance companies know that we are ready to take cases to trial at Serious Injury Law Group. We can use our preparation as leverage while seeking a full and fair settlement of your car accident claim. We are aggressive negotiators who won’t settle for less than what our clients deserve.
- Go to trial if that’s what it takes. If the insurance company challenges liability and/or damages, you can count on our highly skilled trial lawyers to fight for you in the courtroom.
Throughout your case, we will keep you updated, answer your questions and pay close attention to your unique needs and goals. We always put our clients first.
Types of Mississippi Car Accident Claims We Handle
Because of our experience, our Mississippi car accident lawyers can handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- T-bone/side-impact collision
- Rear-end collision
- Merge/lane change collision
- Head-on collision
- Uber or Lyft drivers
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Passenger injuries.
Types of Compensation After a Mississippi Car Accident
Through the years, our attorneys have worked with clients who suffered many different types of life-changing injuries in auto accidents in Mississippi. We understand the medical issues as well as the legal issues associated with injuries such as:
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Disc injuries
- Severe fractures
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
We can use our experience and knowledge to pursue the maximum amount of compensation for you, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Wrongful death damages (if your loved one died in an accident).
Get Help from Our Mississippi Car Accident Attorneys Today
Every car accident case is different. When you meet with Serious Injury Law Group, we will listen to you and get to know the unique facts and circumstances of your car accident and your injuries. We will always focus on what is important to you. Above all, we will fight for the compensation you deserve.
It starts with a free consultation. Don’t wait to get legal help. Call or reach us online today to discuss your case. Remember: You will pay nothing unless we secure a financial recovery for you.