Mississippi Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcyclists in Mississippi have a right to share the road with car, truck and other motor vehicle drivers. But all too often, drivers fail to recognize or respect those rights. Their careless and reckless behavior can cause motorcycle accidents that result in severe and fatal injuries.
If another driver’s negligence caused a motorcycle accident that severely harmed you or caused the loss of your loved one, you can count on Serious Injury Law Group to take your case seriously. Our highly skilled and experienced trial lawyers will aggressively protect your rights, fight for the compensation you deserve and always put your needs and goals first.
To discuss your case in a free consultation, contact us today. We can meet wherever is most convenient for you, including your home or the hospital. We will charge no costs or fees unless we secure a verdict or settlement for you.
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Mississippi
Before we meet to discuss your Mississippi motorcycle accident case, you should do your best to take these three key steps:
- Get medical attention. If EMTs do not take you to a hospital, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Some motorcycle accident injuries are not immediately apparent such as concussions and other types of traumatic brain injury (TBI). You should get examined and tested for the sake of your health and for your potential legal claim.
- Get a copy of your crash report. A police accident report can provide important information about your motorcycle crash and help your lawyer to launch an independent investigation into what happened. You can typically get a copy through the law enforcement agency that handled the crash. You can also get a copy through mail or by going online.
- Collect all of your documents. You should keep all documents related to your motorcycle crash, including medical bills, motorcycle repair bills and letters or e-mails from the insurance company. You should also gather any photos from the accident scene and the names and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses.
You may also need to report your accident to the company that provides your motorcycle insurance. However, you don’t have to speak to the other driver’s insurer. In fact, you should talk with a lawyer first before you discuss your case with the other driver’s insurance company.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Mississippi
At Serious Injury Law Group, we know how the negligence of motor vehicle drivers often leads to motorcycle crashes in Mississippi. Some of the common causes that our attorneys see in these accidents are:
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Following the motorcycle too closely
- Turning or making a lane change without a signal
- Misjudging the motorcycle’s distance before turning left
- Sharing a lane with a motorcycle or passing too closely.
In many cases, these accidents are the result of distracted driving. For instance, a car driver may fail to see a motorcyclist because the driver is too busy with texting or talking on a phone while driving. Drunk driving and fatigued driving also frequently contribute to these crashes.
Determining Liability After a Motorcycle Accident
Serious Injury Law Group will work hard to determine why your motorcycle accident happened and to identify the party or parties who should be held responsible for the harm you have suffered. We can put our investigators on your case right away. They can help us to gather and analyze evidence such as:
- Photos from the motorcycle accident scene
- Statements from witnesses
- Available surveillance camera footage
- Driver cell phone records
- Event data recorder (or “black box”) information
- Driver chemical test results.
We can also consult with experts in fields such as accident reconstruction or motorcycle safety in order to determine the factors which caused your crash. In some cases, another driver’s negligence may not be the cause. Our investigation may reveal that a mechanic’s negligent repairs, a defective motorcycle part or even a poorly designed and/or maintained road contributed to your injuries.
In addition to the other driver, other parties may be liable for your motorcycle crash such as a driver’s employer or a bar, store or restaurant that provided alcohol to a minor or “visibly intoxicated” driver who hit your motorcycle. In order to maximize your compensation, it will be important to identify all sources of compensation.
Compensation After Being Injured in a Mississippi Motorcycle Accident
Due to the lack of structural protection, motorcycle operators and passengers can suffer life-altering injuries in a collision with a motor vehicle. This is true even when motorcyclists wear helmets and other safety gear. In many crashes, motorcyclists are thrown from the bike.
At Serious Injury Law Group, we often work with motorcyclists who suffer injuries such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury (SCI), chest and abdominal injury, amputations, fractures, burns, soft tissue damage and internal organ injury. We know how these injuries can lead to costly medical treatment and prevent victims from being able to return to work. We fight for full and fair compensation for them, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages (if a loved one died in a crash).
The types of damages and amount of damages that we pursue on your behalf will depend on the unique facts and circumstances of your case. We will always focus on what is important to you and pursue a settlement or verdict that addresses your needs and goals.
Contact Our Mississippi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Mississippi, you may face steep medical bills, missed time from work, high costs to repair or replace your bike and additional, unexpected costs and losses. At Serious Injury Law Group, we know how insurance companies will try to avoid responsibility or shift blame to you in order to pay nothing or as little as possible. We won’t let the insurance company get away with it. We will aggressively protect your rights and pursue all compensation that you are owed. Contact us today for a free review of your case.