Alabama Whiplash Injury Lawyers
Don’t let the insurance company fool you: Whiplash is a serious injury. If you suffer from whiplash due to a car crash in Birmingham, then you owe it to yourself to get aggressive and experienced legal assistance right away. The skilled trial lawyers of Serious Injury Law Group are here to help. You can count on us to pursue the compensation you deserve.
We are a locally owned law firm that is committed to protecting the rights of our neighbors. What happens here matters to us. We won’t let the insurance company play down your whiplash injury. We will fight for the win for you. To learn more, contact us today and receive a free consultation through one of our conveniently located offices in Birmingham, Mobile, Montgomery or Lowndes County.
How Do You Know If You Have Whiplash?
Car accidents – rear-end collisions in particular – are the leading cause of whiplash injuries in Alabama. The injury typically occurs when the body and head move independently of each other in a rapid, back-and-forth motion. This movement causes hyperextension of neck tissues.
Minor cases of whiplash may involve pain that lingers for a few days or weeks. However, in more serious accidents, whiplash can result in horrible and debilitating pain that lasts for months or even years.
Signs & Symptoms of Whiplash
Some of the common signs of whiplash are:
- Neck pain
- Limited range of motion
- Numbness or tingling
- Light sensitivity
- Mood swings
- Sleep problems
- Depression or anxiety.
If you are involved in a car accident of any kind – and especially if you detect any of the above symptoms – you should seek immediate medical attention. The sooner a doctor can diagnose and start treatment of your whiplash injury, the better off you will be in the long run.
You should also contact an experienced Birmingham car accident lawyer to learn more about your legal rights and options.
How Can Our Attorneys Help with Your Whiplash Case?
At Serious Injury Law Group, our whiplash injury lawyers understand how the injury can wreak havoc on a person’s life. Whiplash makes it difficult to work, go shopping, sit through church, play with children or enjoy intimate moments with those you love. It can also make it impossible to complete household chores or maintain your yard. In short, whiplash puts your life on hold.
If you suffer from a whiplash injury through no fault of your own, Serious Injury Law Group will help you. We won’t charge you for a consultation, and you won’t pay us unless we actually help you to collect money for your injuries.
If you allow Serious Injury Law Group to help with your case, we will immediately go to work for you. You can expect us to:
- Investigate your case. We know how to perform a thorough investigation. We will take photos and gather other physical evidence, talk to witnesses, speak with the police and discuss your care with physicians, physical therapists, chiropractors and other experts.
- Identify all sources of compensation. We will look at the at-fault driver’s liability insurance and turn to all coverage that your own insurance policy provides. We will also determine if other parties should be held liable for your whiplash injury. For instance, the at-fault driver’s employer or the vendor who sold alcohol to a drunk driver who hit you could be liable in your case.
- Gather and review your medical records. As you get medical care, we will closely track all of your treatments and gather your medical records. We will closely review those records, and we may consult with medical experts, in order to understand the severity of your whiplash and its impact on your life.
- Pursue a settlement. We know that you want to resolve your case as quickly as possible. However, you want to recover all compensation that you are entitled to receive. We will aggressively negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement – but we won’t settle for less than what you deserve.
- Take your case to trial. Some insurance companies wait for a lawsuit before they take a whiplash injury claim seriously. We will take your claim seriously from the beginning and prepare your case for success in the courtroom. We are experienced litigators who will not back down from a courtroom fight.
What Damages Can You Recover for a Whiplash Injury in Alabama?
Insurance companies collect millions of dollars in premiums each year and work hard to avoid paying back that money to accident and injury victims. It’s their business model. Claims adjusters are very good at convincing people to settle for less than their cases are worth or getting them to sign paperwork they don’t understand.
Don’t let the insurance company get away with paying less than what you deserve. If you suffered whiplash injury due to someone else’s negligence, we will pursue all compensation that you are entitled to receive, including:
- Past and future anticipated medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium (for the spouse of an injured victim)
- Punitive damages (where appropriate).
How Long Do You Have to File a Whiplash Injury Claim in Birmingham?
Alabama law gives you only two years from the date of your injury to bring a lawsuit against those responsible for it. If you fail to act within that time period, you could lose your right to compensation for your whiplash injury.
It takes time complete a full investigation, gather medical records, locate witnesses and prepare a case for litigation. So, the sooner you call Serious Injury Law Group about your whiplash case, the better off you will be in the long run.
Contact Our Whiplash Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Not every attorney truly understands or appreciates the serious nature of a neck injury. Many will dismiss it as nothing more than minor soft tissue damage.
At Serious Injury Law Group, we care about your pain. We want you to get better. We will work hard to put as much money as possible in your pocket if a careless or reckless driver caused you to suffer whiplash. Get started today. Contact us for a free consultation.