A native of Livingston, Gerald graduated from the University of Alabama in 1998 with a business degree and a law degree in 2002. He began his legal career with a Birmingham civil defense firm, handling a variety of cases on behalf of insurance companies, auto manufacturers, and other corporate clients. During that time, Gerald sharpened his skills as a litigator and discovered that his calling was assisting individuals who had been injured or wronged due to corporate greed or indifference.
In 2013, Gerald was a founding partner in the firm of Brooks, Hubbard & James. Gerald practices in the areas of wrongful death, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, prescription errors, serious bodily injury and trucking litigation. To better serve the growing field of serious injury litigation, the name of the firm was changed to the Serious Injury Law Firm and additional attorneys were added to the roster of experienced legal professionals.
Gerald’s experience representing corporations and insurance companies gives him a unique edge in developing theories of liability to hold corporate entities accountable that have wronged his clients. An aggressive litigator, Gerald has tried cases in courtrooms across Alabama with strong results for his clients.
Gerald and his wife, Staci, live in Birmingham and attend the Sixth Avenue Baptist Church. Gerald is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- 2002, University of Alabama, L.D.
- 1998, University of Alabama, B.S.
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- United States Court Of Appeals For The Eleventh and Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama and Mississippi
- Member, Magic City Bar Associatione
- Member, Alabama Association of Justice
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.