Chuck, a native of Mobile, graduated from the University of Alabama with a bachelors, masters, and law degree. Upon graduation, he served as an Assistant District Attorney for Mobile County. Chuck later worked with and mentored under legal giants, Johnny Cochran and Jock Smith and garned a wealth of legal knowledge, which continues to serve him well today. He then practiced for over a decade with a national personal injury law firm and was instrumental in obtaining a number of high dollar verdicts for his clients. The largest he won for a client was a $1.26 billion jury verdict.
In 2013, Chuck was a founding partner in the firm of Brooks, Hubbard & James. His specialties were in the areas of trucking litigation and defective product litigation. To better serve the growing field of serious injury litigation, the name of the firm was changed to the Serious Injury Law Firm and additional attorneys were added to the roster of experienced legal professionals.
Chuck has been recognized as a “Champion of Justice” by the Alabama Association for Justice and serves as the President of the Montgomery County Association for Justice. Chuck is known for his ability to captivate a jury. His engaging personality and ability to connect with people have delivered results for his clients in courtrooms throughout Alabama.
Chuck is married to Lloria Munnerlyn James and is the proud father of two daughters, Aiden & Chase. He and his family attend Resurrection Catholic Church. Chuck serves on the Board of Directors at Brantwood Children’s Home. He is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and Stillman Masonic Lodge # 490.
- 2002, University of Alabama, L.D.
- 1998, University of Alabama, B.A., Higher Ed Administration
- 1997, University of Alabama, A.A., General Education
- Alabama Supreme Court
- United States Court Of Appeals For The Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for The Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- President, Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Past-President, Capitol City Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Alabama Association of Justice
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Stillman Masonic Lodge # 490